Hello everyone! Each month we like to pick a topic to focus on to better ourselves individually & collectively as a company! This month we will focus on building stronger relationships with our friends, family, and boo-thangs! Here is a layout of each weekly focus!
We hope that you guys participate with us and follow along on social media for a daily inspirational post.
Week 1: Feb 1-8
Appreciate Others & Stay Positive
– Show your appreciation whenever someone helps you.
– Genuinely compliment the people around you when they do something well. This will open the door to great relationships at work and in your personal life.
– Appreciation for others helps you stay positive.
-Positivity is attractive and contagious and will strengthen all of your relationships.
Exercise for the week: Every time someone does something for you that made your life better or easier, acknowledge it!
– Example: someone may retrieve coffee when you’ve left it lying somewhere or a neighbor smiles when you walk by. Start with the description of what they are doing, “you are so thoughtful to bring my coffee to me.”
Week 2: Feb 9-15
Manage your boundaries and say NO to gossip.
– All of want to have friends at work, but, occasionally, a friendship can start to impact our jobs, especially when a friend or colleague begins to monopolize our time.
-Set and manage your boundaries properly! Be assertive about your boundaries and know how much time you devote during the work day for social interactions.
-Don’t gossip – at work, at home, anywhere! Gossip is a major relationship killer.
– If you are experiencing conflict with someone, talk to them directly about the problem. Gossiping with other friends/colleagues will only exaggerate the situation and cause animosity between you and the person the issue is with.
Exercise for the week: Is it true, necessary, and kind? The next time you are tempted to gossip, to talk about someone else, stop for fifteen seconds and ask yourself the three questions (Is it true, necessary, and kind?). You’ll know what to do next.
Week 3: Feb 16-22
The 3 R’s for Conflict Resolution
– Reflect – Don’t respond immediately take a moment to reflect. Before reacting to any situation take a moment to reflect. By taking a moment to reflect you are ensuring the other party feels heard and you give yourself time to take control over your emotions and future behavior.
– Responsibility – “Response – ability” – literally means having the ability to choose your response. Your choices can have a huge impact on the world and specially your relationships. You alone have the responsibility to choose your response to any conflict.
– Repair – When a relationship becomes damaged empower yourself to repair it. Find the strength in yourself to take direct action to repair the damage by showing empathy and asking forgiveness.
Exercise for the week:
When you find yourself about to react to a conflict. Take the following steps:
1. Take 3 deep breaths and reflect.
2. Remind yourself you are the only one that can control your reaction.
3. Empower yourself to find the solution or common ground.
Week 4: Feb 23 – 28:
No Blame Family
– Take responsibility for your part in all situations.
– When you don’t take any responsibility for the issue you have no power in finding a solution.
– We tend to understate our responsibility in a bad situation. If you make it a habit to overstate your responsibility in a situation it is much easier to find common ground with another person.
Exercise for the week: Every time you go to blame someone else STOP. Look at your part in the problem and how you can help to find a solution.
We hope you enjoy this challenge over the next month!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new videos every week!
Sophie & Trey!